Every addict will use a drug for various durations of time. When the drug is stopped abruptly, many addicts find themselves craving or even needing the drug. This can spark an addict to use again, finding any means possible to obtain more drugs. This can lead the addict through a vicious cycle of on and off again drug use. At this point, an addict should reach out to others and enroll in a treatment program.
How Do I Know If I Am Addicted in Raleigh Durham?
Every drug has a different effect on its users, and there are many factors that are often overlooked when it comes to addiction. Included in the following are some ways to tell if you or someone you know in Raleigh Durham may be addicted to drugs or alcohol:
- Withdrawal Symptoms: If you find that once you stop drug or alcohol use you experience withdrawal symptoms, it is likely that you have an addiction.
- Adjusting Dosage Due to Tolerance Level: Constantly adjusting or increasing your drug or alcohol use because your body is building a tolerance to the drug’s side effects is a sign of addiction.
- Irritability: When an addict is running low or out of drugs or alcohol completely, they may experience mood shifts and become irritable.
- Lies and Secrecy: Hiding your addiction or drug and alcohol use from friends and family is an indication of addiction.
What Are Cravings and How Can I Avoid Them in Raleigh Durham?
Drug cravings can be both physical and psychological. A physical craving occurs when the addict builds up a tolerance to drugs over time. Drug cravings, just like other physical cravings, are taken as a sign that the individual should give the body what it thinks it needs. Included in the following are some signs of cravings:
- Mood swings
- Depressed like symptoms
- Isolating yourself from others
Each person’s cravings can vary depending on duration of use, the amount used and which drug was most commonly used. Because of this it is important to find a treatment program that can help conquer addiction if you or someone you know in Raleigh Durham is experiencing these symptoms.
Drug Addiction Treatment for Raleigh Durham Residents
If you or a loved one suffers from an addiction or alcohol abuse, please call our toll-free helpline today. Our highly trained staff is available 24 hours a day to answer any of your questions –any time. Call us today to stop your addiction and begin a life of sobriety in Raleigh Durham.