If you recognize that you have a problem with drugs or alcohol, you can see the damage that substance abuse is doing to your life in Raleigh Durham. You may have the decision to quit using, but you aren’t sure if you really need professional treatment to recover from your addiction or if you can quit using on your own. It is not impossible to quit on your own, but it is extremely difficult. Addiction is a powerful disease that takes control of your mind and body. Addiction is both aggressive and progressive. It seizes control of your mind, body, thoughts, actions and life. It becomes worse over time and tends to become the central focus in an addict’s life. In most cases will power alone is not enough to overcome drug addiction.
Consequences for Raleigh Durham Residents Who Do Not Choose Treatment
Choosing to tackle your addiction alone without help from the vast array of professional recovery resources available to Raleigh Durham residents is a mistake. Addiction is working within you and against you, and without help you will face it alone. If you are a chronic drug user, your brain is in an altered state and does not function normally. Your thought processes are disrupted, and your reasoning is impaired. You have become a master of justification, denial and self-delusion. Even if you successfully quit for a time, the chances are that at some point you will experience cravings for the relief you associate with drug use. The cravings will overwhelm your willpower, and you will relapse.
Benefits of Drug or Alcohol Addiction Treatment for Raleigh Durham Residents
By entering treatment for your addiction you can take advantage of the training, experience and resources of recovery professionals. Drug addiction treatment programs incorporate years of professional experience and hard clinical data. Drug addiction treatment professionals are committed to your recovery and will work full time to help make it happen. You will not be alone in treatment. By entering treatment for drug addiction you can benefit from the following:
- Years of training and professional experience of counselors, therapists and doctors
- Medically supervised detoxification services to ease the symptoms of withdrawal and ensure your safety during this potentially dangerous process
- An environment that is conducive to recovery
- Counseling that will help you understand the nature of your addiction, know yourself better and establish solid techniques for living a healthy, drug free lifestyle in Raleigh Durham
- The support and empathy of fellow patients who are struggling with similar issues
- Long-term follow up care to help you maintain your sobriety once it has been achieved
If you want to quit using drugs or alcohol, do not deny yourself the assistance of experts.
Choosing Addiction Treatment for Raleigh Durham Residents
If you want to learn more about the benefits of rehab or why you should choose addiction treatment for yourself or a loved one, call our toll-free helpline. We are available 24 hours a day. Please call now.